bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for experienced Customer Support Representatives who will help build and refine the bitFlyer EUROPE S.A. customer engagement cycle. Your main task will be to keep the clientele satisfied by answering their queries with diplomacy and professionalism and handle applicable compliance procedures at the same time.
Since most of the communication is done by emails, you must show solid written communication skills in English and in any other European language.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story.
A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable. We offer exciting challenges and opportunity for growth within passionate and friendly team. We offer exciting challenges and opportunity for growth within passionate and friendly team.
- Support the on-boarding process for bitFlyer EUROPE S.A. customers
- Respond to queries from bitFlyer EUROPE S.A. customers via all channels applicable
- Identify potential improvements for our CS program and take initiative to develop them in collaboration with the COO and Chief Compliance Officer
- Follow all applicable compliance procedures, with special emphasis on AML/KYC
- Identify and proactively act upon all risks (AML, CTF, security etc.), escalate when necessary
- Handle both front-office (contact with customer) as well as back-office (transaction monitoring etc.) customer support tasks
- Support oﬀice management in collaboration with bitFlyer management.
- Performing any special task within Customer Support or Customer Experience area assigned by management
Desired skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-year experience in a consumer-facing customer support preferably in the financial industry or in a high-growth start-up
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products
- Experience in any of the following industries are a plus: Financial Front Oﬀice, Online Payments, Crypto-currency, Trading
- Strong analytical and resolution skills
- Experience in building operational procedures is a big plus
- Ability to explain technical processes to non-technical clients
- Any experience with technical issue resolution (incl. database queries/SQL) is a big plus
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and clients at the same time in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Ability to handle various situations with clients – including difficult ones - with calmness and efficiency.
- Fluency in 2 or more European languages – fluent written and spoken English is obligatory
- Preference for German, Dutch or French speakers
- Japanese is a plus.