bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for experienced Customer Support Representatives who will help build and refine the bitFlyer EUROPE S.A. customer engagement cycle. Your main task will be to keep the clientele satisfied by answering their queries with diplomacy and professionalism.
Since most of the communication is done by emails, you must show solid written communication skills in English and in any other European language.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story.
A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
- Support the on-boarding process for bitFlyer EUROPE S.A. customers
- Respond to emails from bitFlyer EUROPE S.A. customers
- Identify potential improvements for our CS programme and take initiative to develop them in collaboration with the COO and Chief Compliance Officer
- Support oﬀice management in collaboration with bitFlyer management
Desired skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a consumer-facing customer support preferably in the financial industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products
- Experience in any of the following industries are a plus: Financial Front Oﬀice, Online Payments, Crypto-currency, Trading
- Strong analytical and resolution skills
- Experience in building operational procedures is a big plus
- Ability to explain technical processes to non-technical clients
- Any experience with technical issue resolution (incl. database querries/SQL) is a big plus.
- Fluency in 2 or more European languages including English is essential
- Preference for German, Dutch or French speakers
- Japanese is a plus