bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades, 95% of which came in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
Since our European operation has recently started, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks. These include market research, content writing, supporting marketing and human resourcing activities as well as general administrative tasks.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
You must be able to live and work in Luxembourg.
The internship is full-time/part-time for 3-6 months. There are opportunities to join the bitFlyer Europe team on a more permanent basis for the right candidate.
- Conducting market research on competitors, industry and customers
- Work with the marketing manager in accelerating customer growth across several channels
- Support other team members in a variety of activities
- General administrative tasks
Desired Skills and Experience:
- University qualification with excellent academics
- One to two years’ professional experience (start-up exposure preferred)
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively and find pragmatic solutions
- A focus on generating results that will make a quantifiable difference to bitFlyer
- Enthusiastic and tenacious about growing an online business
- Ability to work effectively in team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in English (oral and written communication)
- Other European languages are desirable
Note: An intern is entitled to a monthly gross indemnity of EUR 1300 in order notably to cover the costs related to the execution of the internship.