Who We Are
Looking to join a dynamic, international team with a passion for virtual currency and gain
opportunities for career growth?
bitFlyer is one of the first cryptocurrency exchanges with licenses to operate across US, EU and
Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange, which provides our customers with a
convenient, secure platform to buy and sell virtual currencies. With the lowest fees amongst
regulated US exchanges, bitFlyer offers tools and services for our customers to start investing
with ease. Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the
international nature of the virtual currency.
Established in January 2014 in Tokyo, bitFlyer expanded into the European Union and launched
bitFlyer USA in San Francisco in November 2017. With over $180 billion global transaction
volume in 2021, bitFlyer continues to grow our team.
Who You Are
As Compliance Manager, you will collaborate with multiple business units at bitFlyer USA. The
successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, have strong interpersonal and project
management skills, and have a strong working knowledge of the latest industry standards and
regulations. You will assist the U.S. Chief Compliance Officer with ensuring our business
operations and procedures comply with legal regulations and internal policies. In this position,
you will perform a range of duties including evaluating all current and new compliance
regulations, reviewing internal processes, and leading the training program.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player of a fast-growth and revolutionary
industry. You will be an instrumental part of our growth story. A familiarity and/or genuine interest
in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is necessary.
What You’ll Do
● Coordinate with key stakeholders globally to drive and successfully complete key
regulatory deliverables including but not limited to: DFS 504 -Transaction Monitoring
and Transaction Filtering Framework; DFS 500 Cybersecurity Framework; Third Party
Risk framework; and/or UDAAP.
● Responsible for the training program including drafting new content, tracking, delivery
and ensuring compliance
● Responsible for the Quality Assurance program including tracking, monitoring,
evaluating adequacy and ensuring compliance.
● Review Compliance cases, if required
● Identify processes that can be automated and work to define corrective actions with key
stakeholders in the US and globally, as required. Support regulatory examinations and
independent audits, as required.
● Support Chief Compliance Officer with corporate governance tasks such as
committee/board preparation, minute taking, and action item tracking/completion.
● Special projects as required by the Chief Compliance Officer
● Remain current with industry standards and developments in the areas of Consumer
Compliance, AML/Sanctions, Information Security, Corporate Compliance in relation to
the cryptocurrency space.
Must Have Skills
● 5+ years working in an compliance-related role at a financial institution or MSB
● Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., UDAAP,
BSA/AML, Data Protection, Cybersecurity/Information Security, Supply Chain Risk
● Comfortable working with data and creating management reports; experience with
reporting dashboards like PowerBI and/or Tableau preferred.
● Successfully implemented enterprise-wide strategic deliverables in a global organization
● B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
Nice to Have (Preferred Skills)
● Great at both written and verbal communication
● Great at project management
● A relationship builder across broad culture and geographic areas
● Extremely driven and hardworking
● A natural problem solver
● Adaptable and calm under pressure
● Metrics/systems driven
Why Join Us?
We offer a competitive total rewards package for our employees including:
● Comprehensive health | dental | vision benefits
● PTO Plan with additional sick leave
● Employee Wellness Stipend
● Flexible work schedule
● Training and career development opportunities
● Small, dynamic team with access to senior leadership
● Paid travel for on-site team events
● Financial support for continued education or certification