bitFlyer is a leading, regulated cryptocurrency exchange with offices in Asia, Europe and the US. We are proud that:
· we are one of the first cryptocurrency exchanges with licenses to operate across Europe, the US and Japan combined,
· we are a financial institution licensed by the Luxembourg Ministry of Finance and regulated by the CSSF in Luxembourg, and
· we are the first Luxembourg based company that received the Virtual Asset Service Provider registration with the CSSF
We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our Finance team as an Accountant.
An accountant updates and maintains records, reconciles bank statements, and manages the accounting databases. As a financial expert, the accountant helps identify areas for streamlining processes and achieving greater efficiencies while assisting with the smooth daily operations of our finance department.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. A familiarity and genuine interest in crypto currency and blockchain technology is a big plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Share of monthly accounting work:
- Revenue accounting
- Cost accounting
- Client and firm cash accounting
- Assets and liabilities accounting
- Crypto accounting
- Share of financial controls:
- 4 eyes
- analytical review
- Bank account administration
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and other Balance Sheet accounts
- Payments and cash management
- Budget and forecast data collection
- Variance analysis preparation
- Preparation of reporting to regulators
- Annual audit work
- VAT and tax reporting
- Cooperate with Operations team to ensure controlled and effective client asset safeguarding and processing
- Regulatory reporting, including to CSSF
- Reporting to bitFlyer Group Head Office
- Reporting to Management and Boards of Directors
- Financial Planning & Analysis, including budgeting and forecasting and explanations for variances to budget
- Cooperate with bitFlyer overseas offices in all finance related matters at global scale, with the purpose of ensuring transparency and alignment in all related aspects.
- Participate in internal and global projects, to ensure good coordination of processes and work across whole bitFlyer group
Experience / Knowledge / Education
- Qualified Accountant. e.g. ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- At least 5 years of proven experience and increasing responsibility in Accounting/Finance, preferably in regulated Financial Services companies (e.g. payment institutions, banks)
- Good understanding of multicultural working environments
- Good skill of MS Excel
- Hands-on experience of accounting processes from journal entry to reporting
- Experience of handling accounting softwares
- Experience of general ledger and closing process
- Good knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP (IFRS and US GAAP also very useful), and accounting policies
- Proven experience in the financial sector desirable.
- Previous experience in Japanese multinationals will be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely result driven and hardworking
- A natural problem solver
- Adaptable and calm under pressure
- Team player
- English proficiency is a must
- Japanese proficiency will be considered as a big advantage
- Other European language is considered as a plus
Due to the nature of our business, the successful applicant will be requested to show a criminal record (n.3) before to be hired.