bitFlyer is a leading, regulated cryptocurrency exchange with offices in Asia, Europe and the US. We are proud that:
· we are one of the first cryptocurrency exchanges with licenses to operate across Europe, the US and Japan combined,
· we are a financial institution licensed by the Luxembourg Ministry of Finance and regulated by the CSSF in Luxembourg, and
· we are the first Luxembourg based company that received the Virtual Asset Service Provider registration with the CSSF
We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our Business Strategy team as a Business Developer.
Business Developer drives the growth of the business by building relationships with prospects, customers, and business partners, designing strategy and business plan, and contributing to the realization of the strategy together with the different members of the team.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. A familiarity and genuine interest in crypto currency and blockchain technology is a big plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Search, identify and track qualified prospects and business partners to the pipeline
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Drive the end-to-end sales process
- Prepare and submit sales contracts
- Coordinate with various stake holders to develop and negotiate mutually beneficial proposals
- Collaborate with the global sales & trading team on all business development efforts
- Conduct data analysis, market research to provide relevant information to internal teams and management
- Work closely with the Business Strategy teams and Project Management teams across different bitFlyer entities on various product improvement initiatives, and project management.
- Build relevant business cases for new projects and initiatives
- Support the Product / Project Managers to define the specification of products
- Keep up with market / industry trends to recognize new expansion opportunities and outline growth methodologies
Experience / Knowledge / Education
- Quantitative and comfortable using data and figures
- Good knowledge on SQL queries
- Deep understanding of the cryptocurrency industry, especially for the European market
- Proven degree in Economics, Finance or Business
- Prior experience / interest / knowledge of cryptocurrencies/blockchain technology
- At least 5-7 years of experience in Business Development / Strategy.
- Proven experience in the financial sector desirable.
- Previous experience in Japanese multinationals will be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely result driven and hardworking
- A natural problem solver
- Adaptable and calm under pressure
- Team player
- English proficiency is a must
- Japanese proficiency will be considered as a big advantage
- Other European language is considered as a plus