BitFlyer is a leading, regulated cryptocurrency exchange with offices in Asia, Europe and the US. We are proud that:
- we are the first cryptocurrency exchange with licenses to operate across Europe, the US and Japan combined,
- financial institution licensed by the Luxembourg Ministry of Finance and regulated by the CSSF in Luxembourg,
- fully audited by Ernst & Young, and
- are the first Luxembourg based company that received the Virtual Asset Service Provider registration with the CSSF
We are growing and need a talented professional to support the Compliance and Legal function in Luxembourg. As Legal/Compliance Officer you will work at the cutting edge of law, technology and financial regulation.
This role will work closely with internal partners (compliance, legal, internal audit, etc.) as well external partners (banks, regulators, law enforcement etc.) to advise on legal matters, minimize money laundering and/or terrorist financing through bitFlyer’s products and services.
The ideal candidate should have experience and/or background in:
- compliance related matters including preparing annual reports;
- reviewing customer on-boarding requests and advising on AML/KYC matters;
- conducting investigations and filing SARs with the FIU;
- conducting legal analysis on key issues and preparing robust legal advice for business teams;
- reviewing and negotiating contracts including service agreements, IP/IT contracts as well as intra-group agreements;
- liaising with external law firms as required.
On a day to day basis, you will:
• Conduct investigations using transaction monitoring services (e.g. Elliptic) and internal databases to detect suspicious activity and patterns, minimize financial loss and fraud, and maximize the strength of the compliance program of the company.
• Complete and file reports to CSSF, BCL, and other public authorities based on Luxembourg legal requirements.
• Analyze transactions activity and customer behaviour to ensure the correct transactions and subjects are being reported in the Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR).
• Exercise good judgment based on transactions data on customer operations. Escalating and reporting findings to Senior Compliance Specialist and Chief Compliance Officer where necessary.
• Stay up-to-date with legal developments and all applicable regulations.
• Liaise with all applicable internal and external stakeholders.
• Process law enforcement requests.
• Enhance and optimize the legal and compliance program of bitFlyer EU in light of the information gathered through investigations.
• Contributing to the expansion of bitFlyer EU operations.