BitFlyer is a leading, regulated cryptocurrency exchange with offices in Asia, Europe and the US. We are proud that:
- we are the first cryptocurrency exchange with licenses to operate across Europe, the US and Japan combined,
- financial institution licensed by the Luxembourg Ministry of Finance and regulated by the CSSF in Luxembourg,
- fully audited by Ernst & Young, and
- are the first Luxembourg based company that received the Virtual Asset Service Provider registration with the CSSF
We are looking for an innovative Financial Crime Investigator (as maternity cover) to support the Compliance and Legal function in Luxembourg.
This role will work closely with internal partners (compliance, legal, internal audit, etc.) as well external partners (banks, regulators, law enforcement etc.) to minimize the facilitation of suspicious money movements, potential money laundering and terrorist financing through bitFlyer’s products and services.
We are looking for someone who can achieve and sustain an effective Fraud/AML/CFT transactions and behavioral monitoring program through detection of suspicious activity that minimizes the potential for financial losses, legal or compliance expenses, and reputational risk to the organization.
The ideal candidate should have Fraud/AML/CFT transaction monitoring and investigations experience including SAR completion and reporting with Luxembourg regulators. Experience with monitoring tools (Elliptic, OXT, Chainalysis etc) and KYC systems (Jumio etc) is essential and experience in the Crypto industry is strongly preferred.
The daily functions include:
• Conducting investigations using transaction monitoring services (e.g. Elliptic) and internal databases to detect suspicious activity and patterns, minimize financial loss and fraud, and maximize the strength of the compliance program of the company.
• Completing and filing reports to the BCL based on CSSF circulars and requirements.
• Analyzing transactions activity to ensure the correct transactions and subjects are being reported in the Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) and Suspicious Transaction Report (STR)
• Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques to provide ongoing reports
• Exercising good judgment based on transactions data on customer operations. Escalating and reporting findings to Senior Compliance Specialist and Chief Compliance Officer where necessary.
• Performing regular reporting in a timely fashion as required or necessary.
• Staying up-to-date with all applicable regulations.
• Being the point of contact on all associated aspects of the financial crime and providing guidance where necessary.
• Liaising with all applicable internal and external stakeholders.
• Enhancing and optimizing the compliance program of bitFlyer EU in light of the information gathered through investigations.
• Contributing to the expansion of bitFlyer EU operations from a compliance perspective.