About bitFlyer USA:
bitFlyer is a leading global virtual currency and blockchain company. We operate a virtual currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell virtual currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg.
We are a dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology. We have raised over $36 million in venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital. This is a great opportunity to become part of the bitFlyer USA team, which launched in November of 2017 and continues to expand in the US.
The People Operations & Administration Specialist role with bitFlyer is a peak into many exciting areas of the company. The role requires someone with amazing attention to detail, people (HR) management experience, great attitude and a strong work ethic. The People Operations & Administration Manager works closely with all members of the bitFlyer family, including senior managers in US/Japan/EU, and is expected to provide top quality support across multiple channels.
The environment is fast-paced and requires that you can think quickly on your feet. You are a natural problem solver and can maintain a friendly and professional tone in any situation. You have a strong attention to detail and can juggle many tasks at once. You work well on a team. This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is a huge plus.
- Manage our onboarding and employee life-cycle experience from end-to-end to attract and retain top talent in a very competitive cryptocurrency market
- Managing the recruiting process, maintaining job postings, job descriptions, and facilitating the interview process
- Creating and maintaining a repeatable onboarding process providing a white glove experience to each new team member as we scale quickly
- Proactively enhancing our culture through event planning, communications, and team building activities
- Documenting and managing policies, processes, templates, and contracts using Google Suite
- Overseeing the operation of our virtual office space ensuring a functional and pleasant working environment
- Support executive and board meetings by serving as secretary, preparing materials, taking minutes and tracking action items
- Eagerness to wrangle unexpected challenges and special projects
- Contributing to the development of business growth and people strategy, contributing new insights, and highlighting ways we can increase our effectiveness
- Run semi-monthly payroll and be familiar with all state and federal regulations (we currently use PEO)
- Great at both written and verbal communication
- Extremely driven and hardworking
- A natural problem solver and can think outside of the box
- Adaptable and calm under pressure
- Willing to work some weekends
Desired skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree and 2 years of experience in an administrative or people operations role in a FinTech industry
- Well versed in a variety of productivity software, we use Google Suite
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset - you enjoy researching and investigating obstacles and the humility to reach out to an expert when needed
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and maintain alignment amongst competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment balancing self-initiative and resourcefulness
- Professional, poised, and articulate communicator with amazing personality
- Familiarity with Zendesk, Trinet, and Slack a plus
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is a plus