Position: Operations/Customer Support Intern (6 months)
Direct Supervisor: Head of Customer Operations
bitFlyer is one of the largest Bitcoin and blockchain companies in the world. We operate a virtual currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell virtual currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg.
We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology. We have raised over $36 million in venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
The Operations Intern role with bitFlyer is a peak into many exciting areas of the company. The role requires someone with a great attitude and a strong work ethic. The Operations Intern(s) will interact with customers daily, providing top quality support across multiple channels.
The environment is fast-paced and requires that you can think quickly on your feet. You are a natural problem solver and can maintain a friendly and professional tone in any situation. You have a strong attention to detail and can juggle many tasks at once. You work well on a team.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is a huge plus. This internship is for a period of 6 months.
- Support the on-boarding process for bitFlyer EU customers
- Handle emails from bitFlyer EU customers
- Identify and escalate issues reported by customers
- Work closely with the compliance team
- Support oﬀice management in collaboration with bitFlyer management
- Help customers get the most value out of the bitFlyer EU service
- Handle the tasks assigned by the management
Experience / Knowledge
- Great at both written and verbal communication
- Extremely driven and hardworking
- A natural problem solver
- Adaptable and calm under pressure
- Team player
- English and French proficiency required
- German and Italian proficiency desirable
- Other European languages and Japanese desirable