The Business Analyst will work under the management of the Chief Financial Officer and oversee multiple aspects of the business. This includes financial reporting and management, as well as the development of internal and external-facing financial tools.
bitFlyer is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world by volume. Headquartered in Tokyo and licenced to operate in Japan, Europe and the United States we are a global organization. We see tremendous value in partnering closely with regulators and educating our users and non-users alike to drive cryptocurrency and blockchain innovation and adoption.
Our US office is located in San Francisco. However, this role may be remote.
- Monitor and report the financial performance of our organization and multiple key clients.
- Identify and spec opportunities to streamline mid- and back-office operations, partnering with engineers to test and deploy these features into production.
- Track acquisition rates and costs against customer LTV to forecast performance in various business areas.
- Assist with trade settlement, treasury functions and financial operations.
- Work closely with our accounting and finance teams to develop a fluency in our business to propose improvements to our workflow.
- Extremely detail oriented. The flow of cash and coin is the life blood of a cryptocurrency exchange. Your calculations and analysis must be right the first time.
- Familiar with topics of BSA/AML, KYC, and the differences between various payment rails.
- Proficient in SQL, Tableau, and/or PowerBI, as well as excel to extract and analyze relevant data to support organizational decision making.
- Naturally curious with a personal interest in understanding all facets of our business.
The ideal candidate has an advanced degree or industry experience in Finance, Technology, Accounting or Consulting. Knowledge of Japanese a huge plus.
This is an incredible opportunity for a candidate with a few years professional experience eager to enter the crypto industry.