bitFlyer USA is looking for a Product Manager to oversee, develop, and improve ongoing feature development and enhancements. You will design and build systems related to institutional trading, customer onboarding, transaction monitoring and fraud detection. The work will be hands-on and you will be laser focused on accelerating change and executing of our product pipeline.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player in a revolutionary industry, and you will be an instrumental part of our growth. Familiarity and a genuine interest in crypto and blockchain technologies is a must.
bitFlyer is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world by volume. Headquartered in Tokyo and licensed to operate in Japan, Europe and the United States we are a global organization. We see tremendous value in partnering closely with regulators and educating our users and non-users alike to drive cryptocurrency and blockchain innovation and adoption.
Our US office is in San Fransisco. However, this role may be remote.
- Design, Document and Execute on product specifications across web, mobile apps and API.
- Develop a fluent understanding of our payment and compliance platforms to identify points of improvements and adequately troubleshoot when system issues arise.
- Extract raw data from multiple sources and be able to analyze it appropriately to support metrics driven decision making.
- Translate written regulatory requirements into technical features for engineers to build against.
- Work across time zones and cultures with critical stakeholders in various geographic locations
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in Finance or Fintech and/or an advanced degree in a related field.
- Technical experience in building banking systems
- Working knowledge of product development tools such as Atlasssian, SQL, Figma, Postma etc.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, able to document specifications at any level of detail, then present the work to both a technical and non-technical audience.
Desired Skills, Personal Attributes, and Experience:
- Experience managing technical projects on international teams
- Any Japanese language skills a huge plus.