bitFlyer USA is looking for an AML Compliance Manager to join its team. Reporting to bitFlyer Chief Compliance Officer/AML Officer, this candidate will help design and expand AML operations so that it scales to support bitFlyer’s growth plans. This candidate will work closely with CCO to oversee the AML program and team, including transaction monitoring, investigations, and customer identity verification and due diligence. The role will also work with our Japanese and European affiliates as required to effectively manage risk and monitor for customer behavior to ensure we meet our requirements under Firm policy, the BSA, FinCEN guidance, and relevant state regulations such New York Department of Financial Services Part 504.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of our growth story. A familiarity and/or genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is necessary.
- Manage AML investigations including daily workflow, operational queues, suspicious activity reporting, and metrics
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in AML; provide direction and assistance on AML alert dispositions
- Review escalations from AML investigators, and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where necessary
- Assist in developing and enhancing AML related policies, procedures, and desktop aids
- Manage bitFlyer’s BSA/AML Risk Assessment and assist with gathering required evidence for audit and exam requests.
- Design and test AML controls
- Strategically improve current work flow and system inefficiencies, automate manual processes, and collect and improve operating metrics.
- Assist with compliance related projects as required.
● Great at both written and verbal communication
● Great at project management
● A relationship builder across broad culture and geographic areas
● Extremely driven and hardworking
● A natural problem solver
● Adaptable to a changing environment and can manage multiple priorities
● Metrics/systems driven
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years working in AML investigations (focus on cryptocurrency preferred, not required)
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS)
- Strong operations background and experience conducting AML investigations
- Experience developing AML policies, procedures, and training
- Some experience working with NYDFS and other relevant regulators
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
- Advanced degree: Masters, JD, etc.
- Experience with AML Compliance software (e.g., Actimize, Unit 21, etc)
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (Chainalysis, Elliptic, etc.)
- ACAMs Certified
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company