Revision date: 10/2021
Position: Chief Financial Officer.
Division: Authorized Management
Direct Supervisor: Board Members of bitFlyer EUROPE S.A.
Roles supervised: Accounting Manager, and Senior Executive Assistant. Risk & Compliance function and internal audit function are also be supervised by this position as Authorized Management in combination with Chief Compliance Officer.
Other lines of report: Head of Finance, Risk & Compliance Div. at bitFlyer Japan HQ
- Ensure optimum management of bitFlyer EU finances, administration, risk control and compliance and support growth of the business.
- Manage the bitFlyer EU financial planning, budgeting, risk assessment, fiscal activity, investing and capital fundraising strategies, to ensure due financial control and sustainability and maximize the seizure of profitable business opportunities where possible.
- Coordinate the deployment of all bitFlyer EU General Administration, Accounting strategies and policies, to ensure an optimal regulation of all related processes.
- Supervise and coordinate all managers and KPIs within the Accounting, General Administration and and other relevant teams, to ensure an effective development and completion of all division duties.
- Supervise Risk & Compliance and Internal Audit as Authorized Management in combination with Chief Compliance Officer and to be responsible for compliant operation of the business including but not limited to AML/CFT operation.
- Draft and review financial reports and statements of bitFlyer EU where necessary, to ensure the provision of required information to appropriate stakeholders.
- Liaise where necessary with external stakeholders such as service providers, vendors, regulatory entities, auditors and governmental authorities, to ensure due procedure and conformity in all company administration and finance matters.
- Represent bitFlyer EU in internal and external meetings, to provide official information on all related matters to all related stakeholders.
- Strategize group treasury and cash management together with group CFO and other bitFlyer oversea offices to ensure optimum cash management and regulatory compliance of the group.
- Coordinate with bitFlyer overseas offices in all finance related matters at global scale, with the purpose of ensuring transparency and alignment in all related aspects.
- Identify potential improvements to the overall bitFlyer EU operations, to promote optimum efficiency, modernization of procedures and maximal financial profitability.
- Provide support and advice to all company members in finance related matters, ensuring all related business demands are covered when necessary.
- Participate in internal and global projects as necessary, to ensure optimal customer experience for all bitFlyer EU customers.
- Proven Master’s degree in Finance/Business Administration/Economics.
- Proven knowledge of risk management, financial controlling, and financial data analysis.
- 8 years of proven experience in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration, preferably in the fields of technology/finance/online payments.
- Previous exposure to start-up environments preferred.
- Past exposure, experience, or interest in Crypto or Blockchain desirable.
- English proficiency required.
- French/German proficiency desirable.
- Other European languages and Japanese preferred.
Experience / Knowledge
- Direct with the Board of Directors of bitFlyer EU.
- Direct with the COO.
- Direct with coworkers of the Accounting, and General Administration division.
- Direct with all Heads of Division.
- Direct with overseas offices.
- Indirect with any other role within the organization.
- Direct with governmental authorities, regulatory entities (esp. CSSF), service providers, media representatives, etc.