About bitFlyer USA:
bitFlyer is a leading global crypto currency and blockchain company. We operate a crypto currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell crypto currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology with bitFlyer Blockchain’s Miyabi.
Our vision is to build a truly global company to reflect the international nature of crypto currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg.
We are a dynamic and international team with a passion for customers, business and technology. We have raised venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
The Customer Operations Manager at bitFlyer USA will be responsible for all components that make for an exceptional customer experience. They will oversee a growing team managing customer operations and a complex variety of virtual currency / banking operations. They ensure bitFlyer USA Operations runs optimally in order to provide customers with unparalleled support and to tirelessly drive results surrounding related metrics/KPIs.
This is a critically important role that will define our success and drive growth over the coming years. The Customer Operations Manager will develop processes that scale to meet growing customer demands. The ideal candidate has experience in optimizing Operations and Customer Success processes and leading a small team of professionals.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of our growth story. A familiarity and/or genuine interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology is necessary.
This role is offered as remote domestically within the US and/or from our Bay Area Office.
- Manage the development and administration of all processes of the bitFlyer USA Operations team in order to ensure an optimal coverage of all necessary tasks : customer success, satisfaction, and front, middle and back-end procedures
- Supervise and coordinate all team members of the Operations team in order to ensure a coordinated and effective handling and completion of all team duties
- Lead Performance Development program(s) for the Operations team including team meetings, OKR planning, one on one employee development, and talent planning
- Manage daily operational tasks in order to assure bitFlyer USA customer operations run smoothly within the bitFlyer USA platform. Including and not limited to : virtual currency / bank processing (wires/ach), Zendesk administration, KYC, etc..
- Coordinate and work closely with Marketing, Business Development, and Product team on product rollout, improvements, and/or customer feedback
- Manage report generation concerning Operations metrics and matters where necessary in order to assure the provision of required information to stakeholders
- Define short, middle and long-term strategy of the Operations team in order to ensure a planned coverage of the team requirements and optimal customer satisfaction in accordance with the bitFlyer USA organizational strategy
- Monitor customer interactions in order to ensure optimal customer relationships are held and improvements are made where necessary to the general Operations strategy
- Maintain a system and culture of transparency by escalating issues to internal stakeholders in Compliance, Legal, Finance or Marketing as needed
- Provide support and advice to authorized management in Operations matters as required, ensuring that all related business demands are covered when necessary
- Work at times a flexible schedule to help facilitate effective communication across multiple regions
- Identify and track relevant KPIs to inform decision making.
- Coordinate with bitFlyer global teams in Operations related matters, with the purpose of assuring global scale alignment and functionality of QA processes
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.A/B.S. degree and/or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skills: Metrics/systems driven
- Ability to explain technical processes to non-technical audiences
- Experience building and maintaining procedural and FAQ content
- Strong familiarity with Zendesk, Google Suite, Atlasssian products, and Office 365
Desired Skills, Personal Attributes, and Experience:
- Knowledgeable in Lean process optimization
- Experience scaling processes and teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Exposure to multicultural, diverse and global professional environments
- Adaptable and calm under pressure and a natural problem solver
- High energy and optimistic
- Passionate in both work and life
- Empathetic and patient, high EQ
- Basic knowledge of Design Thinking Phases and/or Customer Experience Mapping
- Exposure to blockchain/cryptocurrencies/finance
- Familiarity with API documentation, understanding of Trade / Investment terminology
- Any Japanese language skills a huge plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries and opportunity for growth
- Sponsored 401K account
- “Virtual Team Lunches” for now, real ones when we are back in the office
- Annual budget for continued education
- Regular team building events
- Regular industry “meetup” happy hours
- Sponsored health benefits offered from Blue Shield and Kaiser
- A small and tightly knit team of high performing professionals
- An opportunity to be a part of a global team with potential to travel internationally
bitFlyer USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to build a team from the most diverse candidate pool that is reflective of our local community as well as our global team.