bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are currently searching for our Chief Operating Officer to define, mange and steer our strategy at all levels within our EU branch, in line with our global organizational focus. Candidates must be able to analyze data, assess business performance, perform budgeting, and of optimizing measurements of success in all business divisions. A capacity to strive in a fast-changing environments and of flexibly working with an international team is essential. Exposure to the fintech and or blockchain environment, and a background in financial institutions is also of relevance.
This is a full time position, and a presentation of a valid background check will be required.
bitFlyer offers to its collaborators a dynamic and exciting environment and projects on cryptocurrency and blockchain knowledge sharing with other team members and industry top minds.
- Design and oversee the business strategy of all our EU branch divisions, with special emphasis on the marketing, the compliance and the IT divisions.
- Implement and track success metrics, KPIs, objectives and performance measurements of all business divisions.
- Perform reporting on required indicators and present them in front of all related stakeholders for strategic/steering meetings and decision-making processes.
- Perform risk assessment and risk management of the entire EU business, proactively identifying current and potential future risks.
- Perform budgeting and budget analysis, in line with the goals and targets of each business division.
- Work directly with other company managers, C-levels, and the company board of directors towards the accomplishment of the EU and global organizational strategy.
- Build and promote relationships with external stakeholders of relevance, such as regulators, institutions, governmental agencies, professional circles amongst others, in representation and interest of the organizational strategy.
- Provide support in the expansion of the EU business.
- Participate in internal audits in representation of the company as required.
- Perform general management and support duties to all company members and divisions in need.
Desired skills and Experience:
- Proven education in the field of Business Administration.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in Chief Operating Officer positions, preferably within the field of fintech, blockchain and/or payments institutions.
- Proven exposure to regulators, fintech professional circles and financial executive environments.
- Exposure to fast-changing/complex institutions/start-ups desired.
- Experience in dealing with diverse and international small and big teams appreciated.
- Any experience with Confluence, Jira or Zendesk systems is a big plus.
- Fluency in 2 or more European languages – fluent written and spoken English is obligatory plus French or German.
- Japanese considered a plus.