About bitFlyer USA:
bitFlyer is a leading global crypto currency and blockchain company. We operate a crypto currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell crypto currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology with bitFlyer Blockchain’s Miyabi.
Our vision is to build a truly global company to reflect the international nature of crypto currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg.
We are a dynamic and international team with a passion for customers, business and technology. We have raised venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
bitFlyer USA is looking for a Product Manager to oversee, develop, and improve ongoing Product development and enhancements. You will design and build products related to institutional trading systems, retail and commercial products, back office settlement systems, and fraud detection programs. The work will be hands-on and you will be laser focused on accelerating change and the execution of our product pipeline.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of our growth story. A familiarity and/or genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is necessary.
Our office is currently remote.
- Design, Document and Execute on products across web/mobile/API
- Lead, manage, and accelerate product roadmap for bitFlyer USA’s platforms
- Predict, identify, and address production issues as they surface
- Enhance current product management/development and release policy/procedures
- Build and maintain Product KPIs/metrics to drive future product programs and approach
- Work across time zones and cultures with critical stakeholders located in various geographic locations
- Provide expertise and deep understanding on both the technical and practical needs of our external users and internal departmental leads
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience and/or advanced relevant degree
- Professional experience within Finance and/or Fintech product
- Technical experience in building banking systems
- Working knowledge with tools such as Atlasssian products, SQL, Figma, Postman
- API Knowledge
- Proven history of successful product release across a variety of platforms
- Ability to manage a wide variety of technical projects effectively
- Unmistakable attention to detail and ideas on practical organizational systems
Desired Skills, Personal Attributes, and Experience:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (English)
- Experience managing technical projects on international teams
- Exposure to multicultural and diverse professional environments
- Empathetic and patient, high EQ
- Proven exposure to start-up environments preferred
- Any Japanese language skills a huge plus, but not required
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries and opportunity for growth
- Sponsored 401K account with Guideline
- “Virtual Team Lunches” for now, real ones when we are back in the office
- Annual budget for continued education
- Regular team building events
- Regular industry “meetup” happy hours
- Sponsored health benefits offered from Blue Shield and Kaiser
- “Start up” culture in a fast paced and exciting industry
- A convenient office location in San Francisco’s Financial District (for when when we’re on-site)
- A small and tightly knit team of high performing professionals
- An opportunity to be a part of a global team with potential to travel internationally
bitFlyer USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to build a team from the most diverse candidate pool that is reflective of our local community as well as our global team.