About bitFlyer USA:
bitFlyer is a leading global crypto currency and blockchain company. We operate a crypto currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell crypto currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology with bitFlyer Blockchain’s Miyabi.
Our vision is to build a truly global company to reflect the international nature of crypto currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg.
We are a dynamic and international team with a passion for customers, business and technology. We have raised venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
bitFlyer USA is looking for an Institutional Client Services Lead to oversee the growth and development of our institutional client programs. This person will be the face of bitFlyer USA to our corporate clients. The right candidate may also expand the role to help our clients on a global basis.
You will establish systems and standards for onboarding clients and find unique solutions for their challenges. You will understand our trading API and work with clients and our internal IT to help our clients optimize its capability. You will listen to clients and identify new opportunities for us to deliver products and services that solve client problems. The role requires a unique mix of niche technical know-how and a natural ability to translate our client needs in real time.
This is a truly unique opportunity to work for a leading player of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of our growth story. A familiarity in capital markets, Bitcoin and blockchain technology are important.
Our office is currently remote.
- Expand and improve on our current programs in supporting our institutional clients
- Identify and determine solutions to client business and technical challenges
- Develop and implement procedures and standards to streamline our corporate onboarding process
- Be the voice of our institutional customer for developing our product roadmap
- Offer support and aid efforts in sales closing
- Build clear KPIs for reporting to track and enhance performance
- Work across teams locally and globally to align programs, network and leverage relationships
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- B.A/B.S. degree and/or equivalent professional experience
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Industry specific experience within capital markets and/or institutional crypto
- Familiarity with CRM tools
- Familiarity with data analysis and/or data visualization tools (SQL, PowerBI, Tableau)
- Technical knowledge of API documentation
- Metrics / data driven
- Proven exposure to start-up environments preferred.
Desired Skills, Personal Attributes, and Experience:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (English)
- Any Japanese language skills a plus, but not required
- Exposure to multicultural and diverse professional environments
- Adaptable and calm under pressure and a natural problem solver
- High energy and hopelessly optimistic
- Passionate in both work and life
- Empathetic and patient, high EQ
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries and opportunity for growth
- Sponsored 401K account with Guideline
- “Virtual Team Lunches” for now, real ones when we are back in the office
- Annual budget for continued education
- Regular team building events
- Regular industry “meetup” happy hours
- Sponsored health benefits offered from Blue Shield and Kaiser
- “Start up” culture in a fast paced and exciting industry
- A convenient office location in San Francisco’s Financial District (for when when we’re on-site)
- A small and tightly knit team of high performing professionals
- An opportunity to be a part of a global team with potential to travel internationally
bitFlyer USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to build a team from the most diverse candidate pool that is reflective of our local community as well as our global team.