bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017. We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
About the role
bitFlyer EUROPE S.A. is looking to form and collaborate with a team of remote marketing specialists (freelancers), each specialising in one the following markets: Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Romania. Consultants specializing in other EU markets are also welcome to submit their solicitude however the above-mentioned markets are priority in the moment.
We are looking for professionals who have outstanding community and media relations skills combined with interest and knowledge in cryptocurrency and blockchain and will help us successfully raise awareness of our business among relevant audiences in the respective markets. Ultimate goal is to help bitFlyer achieve our mission of “Making the world simpler through blockchain” and succeed business-wise in each of the markets.
Some of the responsibilities will involve:
- market research
- establishing relationships with local cryptocurrency-oriented media or other media with matching target group and ensuring our presence there
- design and execution of online and offline promotional campaigns on local market (in example, influencer campaigns)
- generating and executing other market-specific marketing activity ideas which will generate robust results
A desired profile:
- Has got a great expertise in marketing (special focus on social media, community building and media relations), proven by track record of past results
- Shows reliability and maturity to deliver in remote setting with minimum guidance
- Has thorough knowledge of cryptocurrency market and community in given country
- Presents strong analytical and numerical skills and ability to base decisions on data
- Has excellent verbal and written communication in English and native language of the country one focuses on
This is a temporary freelance assignment that will require app. 10 hours of work weekly, depends on objectives set and agreed with bitFlyer. However, we are open to form a long-term business relationship with professionals whose mission and values are aligned with ours and who will prove to be of substantial and efficient help in delivering on our goals. bitFlyer offers its collaborators dynamic and exciting environment and projects and cryptocurrency and blockchain knowledge sharing with other team members and industry top minds.
Please note this offer is not aimed at growth hackers or performance marketing agencies of any sort.
Professional CV and/or portfolio of similar projects delivered as marketing freelancer must be submitted together with this application.