bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in the world. We operate a virtual currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell virtual currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg.
This role REQUIRES Japanese / English Language proficiency (Written/Verbal)
We are seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to provide support to General Management in all administrative duties in order to assure optimum working efficiency and accuracy of the office.
This is a unique role in that it requires global reach with communication between bitFlyer USA, EU, and Japan. With this responsibility comes a great opportunity to participate and observe all business processes across the company globally and to be a critical piece in aligning everything from systems to culture and values.
Our environment is fast-paced and requires that you can think quickly on your feet. You are a natural problem solver and can maintain a friendly and professional tone in any situation. You have a strong attention to detail and can juggle many tasks at once. You work well on a team.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of our growth story.
- Perform general administrative/clerical work where necessary, including document and archive management, bookkeeping, company assets tracking, administrative requests, travel management, office supplies administration and record keeping.
- Liaise with external service providers where necessary in order to assure due administration of contracted services.
- Administer agendas of C-level executives, including proposing meetings and coordinating amongst involved parties, to assure optimal attendance of managers on scheduled events.
- Work closely across offices globally to foster alignment on organizational decisions and procedures implemented in the company.
- Provide general administrative support to any other division within bitFlyer USA when required, in order to assure due administrative procedures are followed within the organization.
- Manage communications with external visitors, greet guests and manage incoming/outgoing letters packages to assure a smooth company interaction with all stakeholders involved.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new hires where required in order to provide information about all related administrative procedures and assure a proper start of new employees.
- Support event coordination when needed, to make sure all related administrative duties are covered and company events are run optimally.
- Prepare documents and communicate with the C-suite management and Global office(s) where required, in order to circulate documents about decision making where necessary.
- Great at both written and verbal communication (English and Japanese)
- Extremely driven and hardworking
- Able to work and adapt to varied communication and work styles
- A natural problem solver
- Adaptable and calm under pressure
- Detail oriented
- 1 year of proven experience in General Administrative/Office keeping duties, preferably within start-up environments, in the fields of technology/finance/online payments.
- Experience in Japanese administrative environments preferred.
- Previous exposure to start-up environments preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products and Google suite