bitFlyer is a leading global virtual currency and blockchain company. We operate a virtual currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell virtual currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg.
We are a dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology. We have raised over $36 million in venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
This is a great opportunity to become part of the bitFlyer USA team, which launched in November of 2017 and continues to expand in the US.
There is a position open for a Compliance & Sanctions Analyst, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer. The role is based in our San Francisco headquarters, located in the financial district.
The ideal candidate will have experience in multiple areas of BSA/AML compliance, especially in conducting screening against OFAC sanctions lists, judging match validity, and maintaining the OFAC screening program.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player in a revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of our growth story. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is a plus.
- Be responsible for reviewing screening matches
- Be responsible for tracking, documenting, and reporting metrics to identify Key Performance and Risk Indicators to management
- Participate in ongoing development of the sanctions screening systems and related QA processes
- Participate in cross-functional compliance meetings and carry out relevant portions of project plans
- Ensure close communication and information sharing with global compliance colleagues
- Bachelor’s level education or equivalent education and/or experience
- 2+ years of BSA/AML/OFAC operations experience
- Experience with Thomson World Check or similar vendor software is a plus
- Ability to organize & prioritize workload, and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and changing deadlines, and attention to detail are essential
- Interest in Blockchain and cryptocurrencies is a plus
- CAMS certification is a plus