bitFlyer is a leading global virtual currency and blockchain company. We operate a virtual currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell virtual currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg.
We are a dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology. We have raised over $36 million in venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
This is a great opportunity to become part of the bitFlyer USA team, which launched in November of 2017 and continues to expand in the US.
There is an immediate position open for a Legal and Regulatory Affairs Specialist. The role is based in our San Francisco headquarters, located in the financial district.
The ideal candidate will have experience in state money transmitter licensing and license maintenance requirements, including knowledge of Nationwide multi-state Licensing System & Registry (NMLS). The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, as well as consumer protection laws and other financial industry related laws.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player of a revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of our growth story. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is a plus.
- Support ongoing maintenance of state money transmitter licenses and compliance with other federal licensing requirements
- Represent the company in correspondences with various state regulators
- Coordinate state and federal licensing examinations
- Interact with vendors and consultants on legal and regulatory matters
- Work closely with other teams in the U.S. and globally on issues related to Compliance, Legal, and Regulatory affairs
- Manage bond requirements and state registrations
- Bachelor’s level education or equivalent education and/or experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience (state license acquisition and/or maintenance)
- Working knowledge of NMLS and industry best practices
- Ability to communicate directly with regulators and research regulatory matters
- Excellent verbal and written correspondence skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work under pressure and changing deadlines, and attention to detail are essential
- Interest in Blockchain and cryptocurrencies is a plus