bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades, 95% of which came in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
Since our European operation has recently started, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks. These include supporting our administrative personnel in all ongoing projects and daily administrative duties, as well as in general administrative tasks related to accounting and office management.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story.
You must be able to live and work in Luxembourg.
The internship is a part-time/full-time for 3-6 months, with reduced amount of weekly working days possible. There are opportunities to join the bitFlyer Europe team on a more permanent basis for the right candidate. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
• Support the Administrative Team on all ongoing duties, general office administration, record keeping, filing, documentation, payments etc. Support general accounting tasks
• Contact regularly Finance and Accounting departments of bitFlyer Japan when necessary
• Participate in projects aimed at improving overall department operations
• Support other team members in a variety of activities
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Candidates currently pursuing third degree studies or higher and interested in a flexible time role
• Previous administrative professional experience (start-up exposure preferred)
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively and find pragmatic solutions
• A focus on generating results that will make a quantifiable difference to bitFlyer
• Enthusiastic and tenacious about growing an online business
• Ability to work effectively in team
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Fluent in English (oral and written communication)
• Other European languages are desirable
• Japanese Language is a requirement (person must be able to at least understand business/clerical documents written in Japanese)
This is a paid internship.