bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are searching for a Director of Marketing who is excited to drive a disruptive and fast growing international company. We are looking for a flexible candidate with an outstanding work ethic that possess the ability to communicate effectively with every stakeholder at different levels.
As Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for determining a marketing strategy that creates demand for bitFlyer’s services and lead the planning, development and execution of our marketing and advertising initiatives.
You will develop our PR activity to ensure our values and our offer is visible to all potential customers across the right channels.
- Lead market studies for both retail and institutional investors.
- Build marketing strategies to acquire customers through online and offline channel.
- Manage advertising campaigns and track KPIs to improve the performance.
- Lead bitFlyer's PR activities to raise the awareness of the brand.
- Work with bitFlyer Inc to study the marketability of new products and craft marketing strategy for the US market.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience in online service company
- Firsthand experience in online advertising (SEM, affiliate, etc.)
- Experience in data driven campaign management (manage PDCA cycle based on KPI)
- BA or BS degree
- Creative optimization experience (AB testing, etc.)
- Quantitative market study based on field research and third party data
- Public relations