bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate HR and Recruitment intern who will help us build the greatest cryptocurrency company in the industry. If you have any previous basic experience in recruiting, employer branding, sourcing or HR projects (any of the mentioned is desirable) - you might be someone we are looking for. We would welcome a hands on person who can execute with maximum independence given projects and support HR team in all projects. We are in a growth stage and building our business in Europe nearly from scratch so opportunities for self-development and contribution are endless.
- supporting reliabley Recruitment and HR Team in all ongoing work and projects, including project management and tracking, reporting, candidates management, ongoing HR operational work and any subsequent administrative tasks
- driving and overseeing bitFlyer interns recruitment
- undertaking initiatives to improve overall internship program management
- talent sourcing for all bitFLyer roles
- data mining, supporting with collecting market data to help make well-advised decisions
- driving and supporting positive bitFlyer experience for candidates and employees and
- elevation of bitFlyer employer brand visibility and proposing and executing direct candidates attraction activities
- different organizational/administrative tasks required by current business priorities in the team
Desired skills, personality traits and experience:
- min. 6 months previous experience in HR/Recruitment (as intern) and interest in area combined with understanding of how HR as a function supports business
- talent sourcing and selection, basic understanding of pipelining
- basic knowledge of the industry and job market
- employer branding, event management
- project management skills and ability to work with maximum authonomy and drive projects to succesful delivery
- analytical thinking
- high communication skills, including intercultural communication
- positivity, curiosity and wilingness to support bitFlyer team in all sorts of tasks
- alignment of candidate and bitFlyer's values: Passion, Execution and Numbers
- Interest in cryptocurrency and fintech industry is a huge plus.
Fluent written and oral English
Note: An intern is entitled to a monthly gross indemnity of EUR 1300 in order notably to cover the costs related to the execution of the internship.