bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in the world by trade volume. We operate a virtual currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell virtual currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg becoming the first and only exchange to be licensed in Japan, the US and the EU.
We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology. We have raised over $36 million in venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
This is a great opportunity to become part of the bitFlyer USA team, which just launched last November.
We are seeking a General office Intern to work out of our San Francisco office providing support for our office staff.
The ideal candidate is just entering the workforce after completing their degree or someone looking for a career change with interest in Digital Assets and Cryptocurrency exchanges. This ideal candidate is someone who wants to grow with our company and eventually shift into a permanent role.
You should have the ability to take ownership of a wide variety of tasks and consistently deliver positive results. This skill set should be proven from your prior work experiences.
The intern position will be 40-50 hours per week and has the potential to lead to full-time employment. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
This is a great opportunity to get a small taste of every type of role in our business!
- Support with various projects pertaining to our core business
- Lead/assist on industry research projects
- Support tasks on our Customer Support, Marketing, HR and Operations Teams
- Maintain office organization, cleanliness, and build systems to sustain
- Manage deliveries (in-coming/outgoing)
- Participate/help organize in company events (internal/external)
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience
- Able to see the big picture while also focusing in on the most important tasks at hand
- An extremely motivated self-starter
- Adaptable to the ever-changing startup environment
- Passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a drive to deliver outstanding results
- Highly organized and consistently sets expectations with strong communication
- Knowledge of Japanese is a plus!