bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for motivated Customer Support Interns who will help build and refine the bitFlyer EUROPE S.A. customer engagement cycle. Your main task will be to keep the clientele satisfied by answering their queries with diplomacy and professionalism. Since most of the communication is done by emails, you must show solid written communication skills in English.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story.
A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
The internship is full-time/part-time for 3-6 months, however we are also offering a permanent place in bitFlyer Europe’s team, based on your performance during the internship/ for the right candidate.
- Support the on-boarding process for bitFlyer EUROPE S.A. customers
- Managing communication channels with our customers in English language (email and phone)
- Plan, design and document customer support operations and its procedures
- Identify potential improvements for our CS programme and take initiative to develop them in collaboration with the COO and Chief Compliance Officer
- Support oﬀice management in collaboration with bitFlyer management
- Support other team members in a variety of activities
Desired skills and Experience:
- University qualification with excellent academics
- Proficiency in Excel and MS products
- One to two years’ professional experience (start-up exposure preferred)
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude
- Creative thinking and proactive working style
- Ability to explain technical processes to non-technical clients
- Enthusiastic and tenacious about growing an online business
- Ability to work effectively in team
- Fluent in English (oral and written communication)
- Other European languages are desirable
- Japanese language is a plus
Note: An intern is entitled to a monthly gross indemnity of EUR 1300 in order notably to cover the costs related to the execution of the internship.