We are looking for Finance Manager who can lead accounting and financial planning for bitFlyer USA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of bitFlyer (based in Tokyo). This role is responsible for building a reporting infrastructure that meets our stakeholders’ (shareholders, regulators, banks, etc.) requirements.
Given that accounting method for virtual currencies is not yet fully established, the Finance Manager needs to be work closely with financial auditors and related parties. This role reports to CFO of bitFlyer USA and work closely with finance team of bitFlyer Japan.
Past the base compensation listed on the job ad, compensation also includes bonuses in Bitcoin as well as equity.
- Extract and process data that is required for reporting from database by working closely with finance team and engineers of bitFlyer Japan
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual closing and reporting
- Analyze and report financial KPIs to management
- Improve processes and controls for accounting and payment
- Analyze cash-flow generated from each product and build proper cash management system
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
- 4+ year working in corporate accounting or CPA
- Working experience in financial institution
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge in database (SQL)
- Experience in Fin-tech or at a virtual currency company
- Proficiency in Japanese is always a plus