bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $100 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017 alone.
We are backed by world-class investors including Digital Currency Group, SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
You will be joining a newly formed team and have the ability to shape your career within the organization. You will be responsible for helping to managed regulatory requirements surrounding our money transmission licenses. You will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the company’s reporting requirements are met on time. This role will require some interaction with state regulatory agencies and you will assist the company’s Director of Compliance in acting as the liaison between the company and state regulators on licensing matters.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
- Manage regulatory and compliance matters related to money transmission licenses;
- Coordinate state money transmitter license reporting, including preparation and submission of all renewal applications, quarterly, semi-annual, annual financial and other reports as required;
- Prepare notifications and forms related to material changes to the company as required by State regulators;
- Create license tracking database, compliance filing calendar with reminders;
- Coordinate, direct, prepare and assist in multiple state regulatory examinations throughout the year;
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in state-regulated Money Services Business (MSB) in Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, Regulatory Reporting or similar roles
- Working knowledge of money transmitter licensing regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results