bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for an experienced community manager who will be responsible for attending and organizing blockchain and cryptocurrency events in Luxembourg and Europe and nurturing our community.
The main goal of the role is to find creative ways to increase our reach, maximize the engagement of our community and ultimately contribute to our growth and success.
The ideal candidate will have experience of community and event management as well as broad knowledge and strong interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
Creativity, attention to detail, multitasking, relationship building and analytical, data-driven thinking are key characteristics for this role. You will report to the Performance Marketing Manager.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player in a fast-growth, revolutionary industry and be an instrumental part of its success.
- Set, plan and implement social media and communication campaigns and strategies;
- Take ownership of all digital Community management including but not limited to: email, slack, reddit, twitter, telegram, discord, forum
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for all social media and professional accounts
- Respond to community members in a regular and timely manner
- Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews to relevant teams
- Organize and manage events to boost brand awareness
- Effectively collaborate with the rest of marketing department and other teams when needed
- Manage any community crisis
- Build relationships with customers, industry professionals and influencers
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Community Manager or similar role in relatable industry;
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives;
- Event management;
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs as well as base decisions on data;
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills;
- Hands-on experience with social media management;
- Creative, growth-oriented mindset;
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver;
Knowledge about and experience in cryptocurrency and blockchain communities is a huge plus.
- Fluent in English (oral and written communication)
- Other European languages are desirable (preferably German or Polish)