bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in the world by trade volume. We operate a virtual currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell virtual currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg becoming the first and only exchange to be licensed in Japan, the US and the EU.
We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology. We have raised over $36 million in venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
This is a great opportunity to become part of the bitFlyer USA team, which just launched in November of 2017.
We’re looking for a Head of Institutional Business Development that will work to add to our network of Institutional traders, family offices, market makers, and others in the professional trading community. The development of strong relationships with potential partners in the digital asset trading community is key. This person will work extensively to explore new business opportunities and build solid systems to track progress while maintaining longer term relationships. We’re looking specifically for someone who has has had a career in the traditional financial markets with pre-existing relationships that is looking to join this exciting new world of digital assets/cryptocurrency.
- Play an integral role in the growth of bitFlyer’s institutional business market
- Proactively build relationships, execute contracts, and explore opportunities with large scale institutional players to maximize trading volume
- Maintain and advance long term relationships
- Present the bitFlyer brand as a leading player in the digital asset marketplace
- Create and maintain systems to analyze user data to maximize impact of contracts
- Collaborate with other key roles at bitFlyer to help advise and enhance products
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years experience working with a traditional financial trading platform
- Strong analytical skills to assess the impact of partnerships/contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven and advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to build/maintain a large network of relationships
- Ability to work in a constantly shifting and evolving start-up environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- First hand experience with Cryptocurrency in a relevant role
- Genuine interest in Cryptocurrency/Digital Assets
- Startup experience
- Fluency in English (spoken/written)
- Japanese / European languages are a plus