We are seeking a compliance intern to work out of our San Francisco office to provide support for the Compliance team. You should have the ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results.
You will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operational tasks associated with regulatory requirements and will be focusing on clearing false positives in Thomson Reuters World-Check and flagging/escalating potential matches appropriately. Other areas of responsibility include Money Transmitter Licenses administrative work, enhanced due diligence on customers, SAR reporting and working cross-functionally with the customer support and operations team. It is vital that you have compliance experience and a passion for investigating suspicious activity and transactions.
The intern position will be ~40 hours per week and can lead to full-time employment. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
- Review and analyze potential OFAC and other watch lists matches
- Perform due diligence/enhanced due diligence on customers
- Review, analyze and document findings of transaction monitoring alerts
- Identify and develop workflow efficiencies
- Investigate and escalate potentially suspicious activity such as money laundering
- Assist with customer due diligence and working with other department to ensure company-wide compliance practice
- Remain current with industry standards and developments in the areas of KYC, BSA/AML, and OFAC, and apply regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures to case investigations
- B.A./B.S. degree or will be graduating in 2018
- 1+ year relevant work experience
- Investigative mindset
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FinCEN guidance)
- Understanding of BSA/AML compliance and risks of an MSB
- Passion for virtual currency and a strong interest in compliance/knowledge of the industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a drive to deliver outstanding results