bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for a full-time Executive Assistant/Office Manager who is comfortable managing a wide variety of day-to-day tasks, including assisting C-level executives, office administration, event planning and other organizational tasks. You are motivated by being part of a leading start-up in a cutting-edge industry.
You will work closely with the C-level executives and other members of the upper management to create process and logistical improvements, important procedures, and other special projects. In short, you will ensure our team is running as efficiently as possible.
- Manage the calendars of the C-level executives, prioritize appointments, and make sure all parties are aware/prepared for any upcoming meetings
- Handle a variety of special projects for the C-level, some of which may have organizational impact, and provide regular updates on the progress of assigned projects
- Coordinate travel, events, and various organizational matters
- Plan off-site events, assist in on-boarding new employees and welcoming visitors
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Relevant work experience supporting C-level executive, preferably in startups, technology, or finance related companies
- Experience with office administration and managing a budget
- Proven excellent organizational skills, ability to think proactively and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Handle confidential information with care and discretion
- Advanced level interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including employees, investors, external partners, and clients
- Able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment, with diverse challenges day to day
- Familiarity with online productivity tools (G-suite, MS Office, Atlassian etc.)
- Experience in any of the following industries are a plus: Financial Front Oﬀice, Online Payments, Crypto-currency, Trading
- Fluency in English and French is mandatory
- Other European languages are desirable (preference for German)
- Japanese ability is a big plus