bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for a talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven candidate who also have a passion for helping and problem solving. Your mission will be to raise the quality of interactions that customers have with our support team and ensure that all our CS procedures are handled in a compliance-friendly manner. You will oversee, measure and improve the quality of our customer-support interactions, considering both quantitative and qualitative approach. As Customer Support Manager you will report directly to the COO and work closely with our Compliance team.
- Directly manage a team of Customer Support representatives
- Monitor team performance to ensure we meet and exceed service level agreements
- Design, deploy and manage processes that improve team efficiency, quality and culture while scaling with the business
- Define the impact and scale of emerging user related issues and skillfully handle escalated issues reported by customers
- Investigate and isolate recurring customer problems, and proactively define and execute a solution
- Handle emails from bitFlyer EU customers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years managing a team. Previous customer service agent experience is a significant plus
- Experience in building operational procedures that are both scaleable and impactful
- Great communication skills, empathy, and the ability to organize and inspire a team
- An expert in Zendesk and Slack
- roficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products
- Strong analytical and resolution skills
- Experience in any of the following industries are a plus: Financial Front Oﬀice, Online Payments, Crypto-currency, Trading
- Fluent in English (oral and written communication)
- Other European languages are desirable