bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are searching for a Head of Marketing who is excited to drive a disruptive and fast growing international company. We are looking for a flexible candidate with an outstanding work ethic that possess the ability to communicate effectively with every stakeholder at different levels.
You will help achieve our ambitious international growth targets by coming up with disruptive and effective strategies and efficiently executing them. You will be able to build your own team to achieve the goal.
As Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for determining a marketing strategy that creates demand for bitFlyer’s services and lead the planning, development and execution of our marketing and advertising initiatives.
You will develop our PR activity to ensure our values and our offer is visible to all potential customers across the right channels.
- You will be responsible for all our Marketing activities in Europe
- Direct and execute our marketing strategy and drive bitFlyer brand equity
- Work with regional leadership to ensure appropriate budget allocation to achieve defined objectives. Present monthly progress reports on Marketing KPI’s to executive leadership.
- Ensure and improve program productivity and scalability by continuous monitoring of all marketing functions
- Work with internal and external PR stakeholders at the international, national, and local level to maintain a strong network of known media contacts
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in leading international marketing operations of a successful technology company
- Great strategical and operational knowledge of online advertising and PR activities
- Experience of building brands that enable lead generation and turn any marketing opportunity into measurable revenue drivers
- Drove growth while sustaining operational excellence at scale in a start-up environment
- Confident with metrics analysis, you can monitor and enhance KPIs along the customer life cycle
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
- Fluent in English (oral and written communication)
- Other European languages are desirable