bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in the world by trade volume. We operate a virtual currency exchange, which provides our customers with a convenient and exciting way to buy and sell virtual currencies. We are also a leader in enterprise blockchain technology.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg becoming the first and only exchange to be licensed in Japan, the US and the EU.
We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology. We have raised over $36 million in venture capital funding from world-class investors including Digital Currency Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
This is a great opportunity to become part of the bitFlyer USA team, which just launched in November of 2017.
bitFlyer is seeking an extraordinary (Head of People Operations) to create best-in-class recruiting strategies and processes, owning and managing the entire recruitment process as well as overseeing company human resources. You will accelerate our US expansion and be an instrumental part of our growth story while leading the development of company culture.
If you are interested in more than just a recruiting or HR role, this is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career and build out a large team for a fast-growing company.
- Build out our team and work closely with each department to meet their staffing needs.
- Track, screen, and create a candidate pool.
- Schedule phone interviews and coordinate onsite interviews with applicants.
- Create a positive experience for candidates throughout the application process.
- Oversee all communication with candidates from the initial application to scheduling feedback debriefs to presenting an offer to the candidate.
- Primarily execute on recruiting needs while working closely with bitFlyer Japan’s HR department and manage HR for the bitFlyer USA team.
- Handle people operations including processing payroll, benefits, workplace culture.
- Work with each department to establish and oversee the onboarding process.
- Professional and objective when handling confidential information.
- Extremely organized with a close attention to detail.
- A natural multitasker.
- Able to identify high quality candidates for IT / engineer / product positions.
- Experienced in building and maintaining relationships with sources of top quality talent.
- Able to regularly meet deadlines and stay focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in screening qualified candidates for competency and cultural fit.
- Able to develop quality talent pipelines.
- Extremely comfortable with computers and using new software (ATS systems).
- 2+ years in a recruiting role.
- Knowledgeable about managing human resources.
- Experience in IT recruiting a plus.
- Fluent or some understanding of Japanese is not required but is a huge plus.