bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for a seasoned human resource specialist who will accelerate our European expansion. You will help find passionate and motivated people to join our team in Luxembourg.
Since our European operation has recently started, you will be responsible for a wide range of human resourcing tasks. These include talent acquisition, HR administration and talent retention. You will report directly to the management of bitFlyer Europe.
For this role, you would be comfortable with conducting technical interviews. Further you must have experience with different recruitment channels and be adaptable in tailoring your approach to find the right candidate.
You will also act as an important link between the management team and the employees while maintaining professionalism and diplomacy.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
- Talent acquisition: screening, interviewing and recruiting future employees
- Talent retention: maintaining personnel records, improving internal communication and team building activities
- HR administration: payroll and benefits, visas and leave requests
- Executive team assistant: travel arrangements, arranging important meetings
- Company culture: build and support a positive, energetic culture
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Five years of human resources/recruiting experience - Ability to manage strategic recruiting with suitable KPIs and metrics
- Process leadership and formulating best practices
- Active listening and strong critical thinking
- Ability to work effectively in team
- Sound multitasking and task prioritization skills
- Experience with technical interview
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in English (oral and written communication)
- Other European languages are desirable
Note that both full time and part time applications will be considered – please indicate accordingly.