bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We are backed by world-class investors including Digital Currency Group, SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment. We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding.
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for conducting timely investigations related to suspected money laundering, terrorist financing or other financial crimes. The analyst will support the compliance team in managing risk and monitoring customer behavior to ensure we meet all requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, FinCEN guidance, and other applicable regulations. It is vital that you have compliance experience and a passion for investigating suspicious activity and conducting enhanced customer due diligence.
- Monitor and investigate compliance transaction monitoring alerts
- Identify, develop, and apply AML typologies, analytics, and investigative techniques
- Prepare and file suspicious activity reports, as necessary
- Collect transaction monitoring metrics for management reporting
- Maintain detailed documentation to demonstrate compliance with regulations
- Assist with customer due diligence and working with other departments to ensure copy-wide compliance practice
- Remain current with industry standards and developments in the areas of KYC,
- Participate in regulatory examinations
- Be a self-starter that is passionate about preventing, detecting, and reporting any and all criminal activity
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years working in compliance analyst role at financial institution or MSB.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience (e.g., conducting AML investigations, customer due diligence, SARs preparation and filing)
- Experience writing and filing suspicious activity reports
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FinCEN guidance)
- Understanding of BSA/AML compliance and risks of an MSB
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- A relationship builder
- Extremely driven and hardworking
- A natural problem solver
- Adaptable and calm under pressure
- Metrics/systems driven
Desired Skills and Experience:
- ACAMS certified
- English skills (verbal and written)
- Japanese (verbal and written) a plus, but not required
- Experience in Fintech or at a virtual currency company