bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $100 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017 alone..
We are backed by world-class investors including Digital Currency Group, SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for Compliance Analyst who can help the compliance team with customer due diligence, suspicious activity monitoring and SAR filing.
You will help build and maintain a thorough transaction monitoring program. The role has room to grow as you can help the Director of Compliance with investigations and money transmitter license management. It is vital that you have compliance experience and a passion for investigating suspicious activity and transactions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
- Scale transaction monitoring program
- Investigate and close or escalate cases including conducting customer profile reviews and updates, analysis of transactional activity, and enhanced due diligence.
- Support Director of Compliance in drafting of Suspicious Activity Reports
- Maintain detailed documentation to demonstrate compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Assist with customer due diligence and working with other department to ensure company-wide compliance practice
- Remain current with industry standards and developments in the areas of KYC, BSA/AML, and OFAC, and apply regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures to case investigations
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
- 2+ year working in compliance analyst role at financial institution or MSB.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience (e.g., conducting AML investigations, customer due diligence, SARs preparation and filing)
- Experience writing and filing suspicious activity reports
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FinCEN guidance)
- Understanding of BSA/AML compliance and risks of an MSB
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communications (verbal and written) skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- ACAMS certified
- Experience in Fintech or at a virtual currency company