bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for a public relations manager who can grow together with our European business.
You will nurture a strong European industry network, increase awareness and develop our EU company image that is aligned with our global brand. You will achieve this by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
We are looking for consistent visibility and brand messaging in major news outlets, as well as target industry publications, on a regular basis. Examples of past publications and press releases are available through Google News and our website.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
The role is full-time and you must be based in Luxembourg.
- Develop a European public relations plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Craft a media relations strategy; this should seek world-class placements in European digital media and print
- You must build relationships with thought leaders, key journalists and industry influencers
- Attend relevant industry events and meetups
- You will be managing project-specific agency budgets and coordinate all public relations activities
- You must leverage your existing media relationships and generate new contacts rapidly.
- You will be the main contact for all media inquiries, taking requests and interviews
- Create content for press releases, articles and keynote presentations
- Identify opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- You should be well-informed about industry trends affecting our business
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns on a national and European level, as well as working with various agencies
- Strong relationships with European businesses and industry media outlets
- BA/MA in marketing, advertising, journalism, communications or other related field from a top university
- Exceptional writing, editing, oral and interpersonal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; this includes video and print interviews
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in similar fintech companies, preferably in public relations
- Solid understanding of and an interest in the cryptocurrency and blockchain markets
- Connections with influencers in the, cryptocurrency blockchain and/or tech market
- Fluent in English (oral/written)
- Other European languages / Japanese are a plus