bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $40 billion in bitcoin trades, 75% of which came in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for a seasoned, hands on human resources manager who will accelerate our European expansion through managing holistically people operations to help us build an outstanding company.
Since our European operation have started relatively recently, there is a huge space to grow and build processes. These include talent acquisition, HR administration and talent retention in effective collaboration with your HR colleagues in similar roles in other locations. You will report directly to the management of bitFlyer Europe and global CHRO.
For this role, you would be comfortable with all disciplines of HR and are able to manage and execute operations effectively as well as provide education and strategic guidance to management in HR matters.
You will also act as an important link between the management team and the employees while maintaining professionalism and diplomacy. An important part of the job is also liasing with our HQ in Japan and ensuring global HR strategy and policies are implemented locally in a proper manner. Persistence in face of organizational inertia and focus are key characteristics of a successful candidate.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story. The candidate must be prepared to roll up their sleeves and accept blurred responsibility lines in order to support the team whatever is needed. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
- Strategic and day-to-day management of HR function and HR employees
- Supporting management in making well-advised strategic people operations-related decisions
- Ownership of HR planning in every aspect
- Performance management
- Talent acquisition: managing and running (if necessary) recruitment process
- Talent retention management: ensuring effective systems for maintaining employees satisfaction and engagement
- Ensuring appropriate health and safety provisions for employees
- Ensuring full compliance with all relevant labour law regulations
- HR administration: overseeing payroll, maintaining personnel records, managing compensation and benefits, visas and leave requests
- Employee relations and acting as a liason between management and employees
- Managing HR budget
- Collaborating with management on organizational design
- Working on HR and cross-functional projects as per business need
- Manage effective relationship with any relevant external parties: vendors, public institutions, recruitment services providers etc.
- Company culture: ensuring that a supportive positive, dynamic, energetic culture is built and maintained
- collaboration with and reporting to global head of HR in Japan and ensuring smooth implementation of relevant policies and processes in Europe
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Considerable (at least 5 years) experience as a human resources/talent acquisition manager with proven track record of driving process and building teams
- Previous startup/high growth company experience is a considerable plus
- Ability to manage strategic recruiting with suitable KPIs and metrics
- process leadership and formulating best practices
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Familiarity with Luxembourgish Labour Law regulations
- Ability to work effectively in team
- Sound multitasking and task prioritization skills
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills combined with healthy common-sense reasoning
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in multinational environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Adhering to bitFlyer values: Passion, Execution and Numbers
• Fluent in English (oral and written communication)
• Fluent in Japanese and/or French is a plus