bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain. bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $40 billion in bitcoin trades, 75% of which came in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for a seasoned human resource specialist who will accelerate our European expansion through managing people operations and will help find passionate and motivated people to join our team in Luxembourg and build an outstanding company.
Since our European operation has recently started, you will be responsible for a wide range of human resourcing tasks. These include talent acquisition, HR administration and talent retention in effective collaboration with your HR colleagues in similar roles. You will report directly to the management of bitFlyer Europe.
For this role, you would be comfortable with conducting technical interviews for IT roles as well as all other roles relevant for fintech company. Further you must have experience with different recruitment channels and be adaptable in tailoring your approach to creatively source the right candidate.
You will also act as an important link between the management team and the employees while maintaining professionalism and diplomacy.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story. Candidate must be prepared to roll their sleeves and accepted blurred responsibility lines in order to support the team whatever is needed. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
• Supporting management in making well-advised strategic people operations-related decisions
• Talent acquisition: sourcing, pipelining, screening, interviewing and recruiting future employees
• Talent retention: maintaining personnel records, improving internal communication and team building activities
• HR administration: payroll, compensation and benefits, visas and leave requests
• Managing HR budget in cooperation with other HR team members
• Collaborating with management on organizational design
• Working on HR and cross-functional projects as per business need
• Company culture: build and support a positive, energetic culture
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Considerable human resources/recruiting experience with proven track record of driving process and building teams
• Ability to manage strategic recruiting with suitable KPIs and metrics
• Process leadership and formulating best practices
• Active listening and strong critical thinking
• Ability to work effectively in team
• Sound multitasking and task prioritization skills
• Experience in successfully placing technical profiles
• Ability to work and communicate effectively in multinational environment
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Adhering to bitFlyer values: Passion, Execution and Numbers
• Fluent in English (oral and written communication)
• Other European languages are desirable